**Need help? Call our Helpline!
Call 0208 538 3731 or 0300 302 3731
**Our term-time helpline closes at 12.30pm on Friday 22 July.
**Emergency Summer Helpline**
We will be offering an emergency helpline service during the summer starting from Monday 25 July.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30-11.30.
This service is for urgent SEN queries only. Tel 0300 302 3731.
We offer advice on:
- getting the right help for your child
- dealing with the school or local authority
- interpreting official letters
- obtaining an EHCP for your child
- finding independent expert professional advice
- appealing to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal
Our helpline is usually manned every weekday between 9:30am and 12:30 and between 2:00 and 5:00pm and on Tuesday evenings from 8pm to 10pm. A reduced service may operate on Friday afternoons. The helpline may also be closed during volunteer training sessions, please see below for any closure dates.
The term-time helpline closes at 12.30pm on Friday 22 July and will re-open in September.
An emergency helpline will operate during the summer holidays from Monday 25 July. It will be open on:
- Monday 9.30am-11.30am
- Wednesday 9.30am-11.30am
- Friday 9.30am-11.30am
Getting the best from the Helpline
When you phone us you will find us very welcoming and informal but do make sure you:-
- Have all your papers in order with you, so that you can refer to them easily.
- Try to note down beforehand the key points e.g. all the needs you know or feel your child may have, the name of the local authority you live in and any information from the school.
We do understand that parents are very stressed when they call and it will be so very much easier to ensure that we give you the best advice possible if we have a concise but complete account of your concerns. It also ensures that not only can your case be dealt with well, but that more parents can be helped during the session time available.
Before you contact us, and so that we can provide the best possible advice, it might also be helpful if you have:
- A copy of the SEN Code of Practice.
A PDF version of the SEND Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years (from September 2014) can be downloaded from the Department of Education website .
For those with Statements the previous code of practice remains valid until 2018, a PDF version of this SEN Code of Practice is .
- There is other useful information, including a Guide for Parents which can be found .