**Need help? Call our Helpline!
Call 0208 538 3731 or 0300 302 3731
** Helpline currently closed on Tuesdays 2 - 5pm
** Evening Helpline Change
The evening helpline is changing from Wednesday evenings to Tuesday evenings 8pm - 10pm
The last Wednesday evening is 4th May 8.30pm-10.30pm
** Helpline Message **
We are sorry to report that we still do not have control of our helpline message. This means that when there is no one on the helpline or the helpline is busy, you will hear a message to say that we are closed for the school holidays.
ITS Telecom Ltd and Cloud Support Ltd our IT providers are still looking into this problem. We know, from the many emails that we receive about it, that it is really frustrating for parents/carers.
Apologies from SOS!SEN. We hope to have the problem firmly rectified asap.
We offer advice on:
- getting the right help for your child
- dealing with the school or local authority
- interpreting official letters
- obtaining an EHCP for your child
- finding independent expert professional advice
- appealing to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal
Our helpline is usually manned every weekday between 9:30am and 12:30 and between 2:00 and 5:00pm and on Tuesday evenings from 8pm to 10pm. A reduced service may operate on Friday afternoons and the helpline will also be closed on Tuesdays 2 - 5pm until further notice. The helpline may also be closed during volunteer training sessions, please see above for any closure dates.
Please note the helpline is only open during school term time.
The helpline will be open -
Monday 11 April - Friday 27 May 2016 (except 2 May Bank Hol)
Monday 6 June - Friday 22 July 2016
The helpline will be closed for training from 9.30 - 12.30 on:
- Wednesday May 11th 2016
- Wednesday 8th June 2016
- Monday July 11th 2016
The helpline will be closed during the school holidays on the following dates:
- Friday 25 March to Friday 8 April 2016
- Monday 2 May 2016 (Bank Holiday)
- Monday 30 May to Friday 3 June 2016
Getting the best from the Helpline
When you phone us you will find us very welcoming and informal but do make sure you:-
- Have all your papers in order with you, so that you can refer to them easily.
- Try to note down beforehand the key points e.g. all the needs you know or feel your child may have, the name of the local authority you live in and any information from the school.
We do understand that parents are very stressed when they call and it will be so very much easier to ensure that we give you the best advice possible if we have a concise but complete account of your concerns. It also ensures that not only can your case be dealt with well, but that more parents can be helped during the session time available.
Before you contact us, and so that we can provide the best possible advice, it might also be helpful if you have:
- A copy of the SEN Code of Practice.
A PDF version of the SEND Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years (from September 2014) can be downloaded from the Department of Education website .
For those with Statements the previous code of practice remains valid until 2018, a PDF version of this SEN Code of Practice is .
- There is other useful information, including a Guide for Parents which can be found .